AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman I have been getting HD content from Cox Cable in Omaha for about a year ,and they have a good selection, but where I live I have started to get drop outs in the last 4 mo. Cox has been working on the trouble which seems to be unique to my area but after 3 weeks and 9 service calls still no better.

So I am thinking of going with Direct or Dish and since I do not follow the latest in STB tech I am hopeing to get some advice from the members here.

I have the following:

Mits 1st generation HDTV with Component to RGBHV converter

2 Tivos

B&K ref 20 Pre/Pro

I will need a STB that outputs on component for the Mits and will run HD direct to the TV.

Two more standard boxes for the Tivos and will route them through the Pre/Pro via S-Video for easier switching

I do not currently have antenna up but putting one up should be no trouble and signal souuld be good, only 20 miles from transmitters.

Any advice woulb be helpful!

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Call a local satellite provider and arrange for 3 basic DirecTV receivers and a multi-sat dish installed. You can usually get all of this free or at a very reduced rate. All standard def. receivers have S-video out jacks.

After the system is up and running, call 800 DIRECTV and ask about their "HD Special" for existing customers. They'll ship you an HD receiver (likely a Samsung) and arrange for installation of it, to replace one of your Standard Def boxes. Cost is $399

Check the Local Info & Reception forums for your area, to find out what antenna would be best for your local OTA channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.