AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

I've been reading different post here from time to time. I'm closing on my house in two weeks and will be buying a Surround/ HT for one of the rooms. Here are some of the speakers I have been looking at, nothing is set in stone for me. If there is a better speaker at the price point, I'm all ears!!! here it goes:

Center= Polk CsiA4 ($280)

L+R Fronts= Yamaha NS-777 ($230 ea)

L+R rears = Polk Monitor 70 ($200 ea)

Sub = undecided ???

Reciever = Yamaha RX-V465 ($305) (is this reciever enough to produce good to great sound for these speakers?

Any help would go a long way for me, many thanks and I'll be reading alot of others posting too

thanks again

·
Registered
872 Posts
You can always do better such as Paradigm, B&W, Monitor Audio, Wharfedale, Energy RC-70s. Different brands sound very different especially for music. One way to find out for yourself is to go listen to some with your own music. I thought my Polk center sounded decent until I played a music dvd and then it sounded way too bright and harsh for my tastes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.