AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, alright,

I've currently got Infinity Alpha 50's and an Alpha center.

I now need rears/ surrounds to finish my setup.

I obviously can't find them anywhere as they were discontinued in 2004 according to Infinity.

Do you guys of anywhere I could buy them other than:

-Ebay

-Audiogon

- http://theaudiovideosource.com/

Can you suggest another set of speakers that would timbre match my fronts.

Maybe a few models so I can decide, because I'm limited in width in my room.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The Infinity Primus series might be your best & most affordable choice. The P152 is a superior rear, as well as an excellent front for most listeners. The 150 (older model, but still excellent) can still be found at a discount (about $100/pr) if you look around. The P152 or 150 are comprable to the Alpha 10. There is a smaller 140, but I think the P152/150 is a much better value.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by exerciseguy /forum/post/0

The Infinity Primus series might be your best & most affordable choice. The P152 is a superior rear, as well as an excellent front for most listeners. The 150 (older model, but still excellent) can still be found at a discount (about $100/pr) if you look around. The P152 or 150 are comprable to the Alpha 10. There is a smaller 140, but I think the P152/150 is a much better value.

Good suggestion with the OWS-1's...i love the thin profile for space reasons.

I'm just curious how much would I be loosing in terms of sound by taking those over another infinity 6.5" speaker.

On the specs they only go down to 70hz. Should I be looking for a speaker that goes down to maybe 50-60hz so I don't loose sound effects in the rear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.