AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if this is not an appropreate topic for the forum.

I'll be buying a TV, AVR and speaker set from BB totaling about $4500

When speaking with the shirt and tie salesman (not the blue shirt guy) he said that when you're making a purchase like that, there is room for negotiation.

I am willing to not get the $900 speaker set.

What can I expect him to give up? Will they knock 10% off the total?

What sort of tactic should I use?

·
Banned
418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm123 /forum/post/19587684

Please forgive me if this is not an appropreate topic for the forum.

I'll be buying a TV, AVR and speaker set from BB totaling about $4500

When speaking with the shirt and tie salesman (not the blue shirt guy) he said that when you're making a purchase like that, there is room for negotiation.

I am willing to not get the $900 speaker set.

What can I expect him to give up? Will they knock 10% off the total?

What sort of tactic should I use?

Use the net to find \\ shop for the lowest prices for the units you want. Thats what you use as a base line for the prices. Things like eazy returns and exchanges have a value too. Taxes on this will add up, another thing to think about. I've found that bb also has grade "A+" units only and other places may sell you "A-" or even "B" stock without telling you.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
On a purchase this large they do have room to negotiate .. you should either search the Web for each item and look for free shipping / no sales tax deals .. then print out those prices and add up the total .. take the printouts to BB and tell the guy this is the TOTAL of what you want to pay .. if the total is LESS than wnat BB told you .. keep in mind the sales tax and work off the total ..

Or, make an offer, all they can do is say no or make a counter offer

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Speakers from BB? Are you sure?

Another idea: extended warranties tend to be high-margin for the retailer. Sometimes you can get them to throw those in (or get them cheap) if/when they won't go lower on the prices of the actual items. Or, conversely, they may knock the prices of the items down if you agree to buy the extended warranty at full price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts