AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am being kept up all night from tenant directly underneath my flat. She is up crashing and banging about all through the night for one reason or another. All I want is to be able to sleep at night for my kids and myself. Done all the research about 4 essentials of SP etc etc. Need practical advice on reducing noise entering my bedroom?? PLEASE HELP

ps - I am on a budget.. I am exhausted with researching, really need get this room done.. I am considering murder!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ceiling/floor noise transfer is tough and expensive to resolve.

Not much you can do other than earplugs or something to try and mask the noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24540121

Ceiling/floor noise transfer is tough and expensive to resolve.

Not much you can do other than earplugs or something to try and mask the noise.
drywall and gg here we come

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You are above this person? How are you going to use drywall and green glue on your floor?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm guessin you've complained to the poluce and the landlord?

·
Registered
165 Posts
honest answer is start planning to move if complaints haven't gotten you anywhere.

You aren't likely going to fix this issue without spending more money than it's worth.

Call soundproofingcompany.com but don't think you will love the answers.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
They have to be violating their lease, talk to your landlord first and foremost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24540154

You are above this person? How are you going to use drywall and green glue on your floor?
Mdf then or mass? Sure I've read this procedure in the pages of websites I've had to troll through.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loader963  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24540166

I'm guessin you've complained to the poluce and the landlord?
Yea of course, but it's a council property, and they rarely evict tenants. They basically couldn't give a **** unless it's effecting them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslegacy  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24540439

honest answer is start planning to move if complaints haven't gotten you anywhere.

Surprises me. Thought a room would be quite easy. Drywall and gg. All that I've read says throw this product up and bingo. So nothing I can do then for a reasonable budget?

You aren't likely going to fix this issue without spending more money than it's worth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:

Out of the question moving. Taken me 7 years to get to my village to be near my kids. I will have to wait years to move here again! Need sound proof somehow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish I'd never asked. So depressed with it all. How hard can it be to stop or reduce this wretched woman's noise?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:

I tried asking that Ted geezer, but he couldn't help me.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael9877  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24541701

I tried asking that Ted geezer, but he couldn't help me.

I can assure you that calling people names especially Ted is not going to get you anywhere around here and frankly I have no desire to even reply to you.

I think you need to face the reality of this and you can't just add some mass to your floor and have it magically fixed. Ted was likely just being honest with you and the reality of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslegacy  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24541714

I can assure you that calling people names especially Ted is not going to get you anywhere around here and frankly I have no desire to even reply to you.

I think you need to face the reality of this and you can't just add some mass to your floor and have it magically fixed. Ted was likely just being honest with you and the reality of it.

Names??

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael9877  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24541750

Names??

"I tried asking that Ted geezer, but he couldn't help me."

Learn to show a little respect to people

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslegacy  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24541760

"I tried asking that Ted geezer, but he couldn't help me."

I'm from London, that's just a way of saying guy or fella. No disrespect intended.

Learn to show a little respect to people

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael9877  /t/1524651/neighbour-from-hell#post_24541774

fair enough.

what exactly did Ted say?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just said I needed to find somebody closer to where I live. Ted's name appeared everywhere on forums, that's why I asked for his help.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Sounds like you're from Great Britain..............I have empathy for you dealing with local counsel.

After watching/seeing building practices from flats and residential private homes.....I'm vaguely familiar with building practices there.  If you are on top floor, you're going to have one heck of a time overcoming issue.......

What type of construction?  Brick and mortar.......stick frame.......caste concrete? 

1 - 20 of 69 Posts