AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a new thermostat (actually three of them) and have been looking at the Ecobee and the NEST, primarily. Does anybody have any experience with either?

I have a single state A/C and heater/furnace. I currently only have four wire running to the thermostat, so no "c" wire. The NEST concerns me just a little because I know it pulls power off the R wire by cycling the furnace. I was wondering if anybody else had a similar setup to see if they liked how NEST works.

The Ecobee looks pretty good technically. It obviously isn't as nice looking and is a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley  /t/1415105/nest-thermostat#post_22121812

The NEST concerns me just a little because I know it pulls power off the R wire by cycling the furnace.
I can't comment about either, but I would at least try to fish a wire for a plugin transformer to get your power if you can't get back to the furnance.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that. I have only four wires and was trying to figure out how difficult it would be to pull a five wire in its place. However, the ecobee seems to only need four wires since there is a card installed at the furnace where power is connected.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has anyone successfully integrated a Nest with a Crestron system? I know the C4 crew is able to but haven't read anything about Crestron yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts