AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Netflix streaming come down in HD and 5.1? I can't see anywhere when I'm watching a show where it says what kind of sound is coming down and what type of video it is. I am using my Dad's account and I can't believe how much content is NOT able to be played right away.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe /forum/post/20796861

Does Netflix streaming come down in HD and 5.1? I can't see anywhere when I'm watching a show where it says what kind of sound is coming down and what type of video it is. I am using my Dad's account and I can't believe how much content is NOT able to be played right away.

Before you start a video there is a little HD logo on the screen for HD content. There is no other indication of what the video or audio is. Something like 40% of netflix content is in HD (dunno if I beleive that). 5% or less has 5.1 audio. Most of it is 2 channel. Your receiver will indicated what type of audio you are gettinfg from netflix probably stereo on most recordings (which you can then use pro logic on).

Sounds like everything is working as it its supposed too. Did you really think netflix would give unlimited current movies for $9.00 a month?

Sean

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Also remember that Netflix HD is NOT really HD at all but a low quality representation of HD resolution. The same is true of the audio.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/20797337

...Netflix HD is NOT really HD at all but a low quality representation of HD resolution...

I love it when people equate a non-quantifiable entity like quality to something that is strictly quantifiable.

-Suntan

·
Registered
19,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/20797337

Also remember that Netflix HD is NOT really HD at all but a low quality representation of HD resolution. The same is true of the audio.

Of course it's HD. It's just compressed for streaming (at least moreso than Blu-Ray, if that's what you mean). 1080p streams on the PS3 look mighty good.

·
Registered
17,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe /forum/post/20796861

LINK ...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1297186

Although you will find plenty of NF bashers on AVS, with the right equipment and a fast connection, the PQ will beat DVD any day ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts