AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I send Netflix to a Insignia Blu-Ray player via ethernet cable and feed it to a Sony KDF-46E2000.

If I use the HDMI option the audio/video gets out of sync. It may be out of sync from the beginning, gets worse with time and after an hour it is challenging to continue watching.

If I use the component option, we don't have the problem.

I think the player and TV are configured properly; so can anyone suggest where the problem might be? I'd like to get rid of the large component cable and separate audio cables.

Wayne

·
Registered
64 Posts
With HDMI, Try using a bluray in the player rather than netflix. If the lips synch, you're cabling is not your problem.

Options:

1) Network Latency: netflix SHOULD be programmed well enough to avoid this but it really isn't. Especially when you are streaming newer content (ie: 5.1 sound etc) netflix sends two seperate streams and its up to your player to combine. From a content perspective this is better than compressing it all but....you see the results. Do what you can to improve your network latency. Check your cable modem's power levels and your ethernet cable quality/length (Keep them under 60ft if possible).

2) Check your players options. There may be lip synch settings.

Good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ones in a while a document or so is out of sync. Strictly for some title, so it is not an issue with home setup. Not sure if behavior differs between HDMI or composite hook up.

Netflix should add to choose "out of sync problem" category on their web site , where they have a section for complainants of particular movies you just watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts