AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingeborgdot /forum/post/19649588

If I were going to join a club for streaming video, which has the most bluray titles and the most updated new ones? I guess my question is which one is the best overall? Thanks.

If you are interested in streaming, you are not interested in blu-ray quality. You can get decent resolution but the bitrates makes the video quality very low and the audio is even worse.

Streaming provides convenience not quality.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingeborgdot /forum/post/19649588

If I were going to join a club for streaming video, which has the most bluray titles and the most updated new ones? I guess my question is which one is the best overall? Thanks.

dude, sign up for a good newsgroup service and download whatever you want!

I guarantee you'll spend more a month on a video service then you will on a newsgroup subscription.

·
Registered
20,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingeborgdot
I guess my ignorance is showing. You lost me
It was a joke (but not really) promoting the illegal downloading of files.

As far as services go you may want to try NetFlix out for a free trial to see if you like it. For the others you can usually rent 1 or two without any issues to test quality. There is also Vudu which you may want to look at.

As it was said though right now none of the streaming services even will get close to Blu-ray quality. Currently to stream a Blu-ray you would need something over a 50Mbps connection over the internet to make sure you experienced the least amount of problems. You are also looking at streaming a large file ~50GB which is huge in terms of streaming over the internet.

There are many choices out there, but only you can decide which is the best for you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts