AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that some Netflix streams would change the picture mode of my TV. Is this normal?

I have a Sony X950G and the options of picture modes are Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game, Graphic, Custom, etc. I configured Custom with my preferences and this is the default setting for me.
I noticed that with some Netflix streams (not all), the picture mode would be changed to Dolby Vision Dark. I went into TV Settings and checked. There are 3 options now for picture mode: Vivid, Dolby Vision Bright and Dolby Vision Dark.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I noticed that some Netflix streams would change the picture mode of my TV. Is this normal?

I have a Sony X950G and the options of picture modes are Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game, Graphic, Custom, etc. I configured Custom with my preferences and this is the default setting for me.
I noticed that with some Netflix streams (not all), the picture mode would be changed to Dolby Vision Dark. I went into TV Settings and checked. There are 3 options now for picture mode: Vivid, Dolby Vision Bright and Dolby Vision Dark.
This is a feature:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00201344

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts