AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
This has been noted before, but this is the first time I had seen mention of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Perry /forum/post/0

I am pleased to announce that Pandora, Fox Sports and Twitter will be added to existing models via a free automatic software download. But due to the DRM software issues, NetFlix cannot be added to pre-2010 models.

I am disappointed about Netflix. I'd rather not have to buy a new player just for that feature, but it sounds like we will get a couple updates on our older players. After reading the reports from CES, it sounded like they had completely abandoned Viera Cast updates for older models to concentrate on developing the new machines. This makes it sound like the "coming soon" widgets will actually go live sometime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is extremely frustrating. I guess I can understand the SKype USB problem because it requires hardware and new usb connection, but no NetFlix when it already has Amazon VOD. COME ON. I'll have a hard time buying anything Panasonic anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told by Panasonic customer via email that TC-P65V10 will support NetFlix by mid summer. I confirm this before buying the TV. I went to bestbuy and purchased the TV with extended warrenty. I also build my entertainment center based on the frame size of this TV. but now no NetFlix....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts