AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
LG Oled / Epson 5040UB/OPPO -203/ Apple TV4k/Marantz AV7703/ Emotiva xpa5/ Front Speakers –PSB Synch
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that netflix is streaming dd+ to ps3's, how can we do this on our htpc's?

It seems like everything in my audio path s/b able to handle this audio format.

windows 7 ---> via HDMI ----> Integra DHC 80.1 preamp (w/dd+)

Can it be done

thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
AFAIK, Netflix has no immediate plans to support 5.1 on PCs.

Of course this may change anytime.

The number of users with PS3s, Wiis and other CE players is huge compared to the HTPC crowd. So it makes good business sense for them to support those CE players first.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Also keep in mind that Netflix is bound by the contracts agreed to with the content owners, you know, the guys that just know you are planning to use your PC to illegally copy that movie that you can just stream from Netflix again tomorrow...

Personally, I'm not holding my breath waiting for Netflix to bring 1080 res or 5.1 audio to computer streaming.

-Suntan

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
You mean...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ /forum/post/19514906

Speaking of illegal to copy... Netflix won't play on a vid card that outputs to DVI and is not HDCP compliant, says "DRM Error". Interesting, huh?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
We hardly have any hd video content on the pc (i was even surprised of the lack of hd content on the xbox). 5.1 audio isn't coming any time soon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
after a years long hiatus i have hopped back on the netflix bandwagon. (just a couple of weeks ago.)

i am severely perturbed by the wait on new releases by some studios. but netflix sacrified new releases in order to get expanded streaming content, which i am very interested in. soooo, yadda. yadda.....

but i was unaware of a 7/5.1 streaming option. is this option available on a xbox 360?

·
Registered
270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammite /forum/post/19515980

after a years long hiatus i have hopped back on the netflix bandwagon. (just a couple of weeks ago.)

i am severely perturbed by the wait on new releases by some studios. but netflix sacrified new releases in order to get expanded streaming content, which i am very interested in. soooo, yadda. yadda.....

but i was unaware of a 7/5.1 streaming option. is this option available on a xbox 360?

after some quick research i see that i am still left wanting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd
You mean...
Was this changed in the last week or so? I've had no problem playing netflix in a browser over my non-hdcp DVI port.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts