AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Zidoo X10 doesn't support Netflix, I tried to install it in Kodi using the Kodi Netflix plugin (CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix) but when I open the addon, it shows the following error:

The background services cannot be started due to this problem:
It was not possible to get the data from Widevine CryptoSession. Your system is not Widevine certified or you have a wrong Kodi version installed.

Is there any other means to watch Netflix in Zidoo X10?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I have a similar problem with a portable projector that isn't Netflix certified. I tried dinking with getting the mobile app version loaded through kodi with no success. Even if you get it working, you'll be left with a much lower quality image as you will be getting a lower quality mobile streams from Netflix.

My suggestion is to plug in a roku or something for the times you want netflix streaming capability.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar problem with a portable projector that isn't Netflix certified. I tried dinking with getting the mobile app version loaded through kodi with no success. Even if you get it working, you'll be left with a much lower quality image as you will be getting a lower quality mobile streams from Netflix.

My suggestion is to plug in a roku or something for the times you want netflix streaming capability.
Thanks.
I have to invest in another device then. 😞

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Thanks.
I have to invest in another device then. 😞
Tell me about it. I have to also pack a little roku stick with my portable PJ for the times I want to do Netflix. Which is a PITA. But Netflix is a pretty big jerk as far as approving devices to natively support their streams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts