AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night I fired up my HTPC and noticed that when trying to stream within Netflix's WMC7 plugin that the play button is missing. There has been lots of chatter recently about this, with no real solution.

So I *gasp* opened a browser, logged into my Netflix account, and was able to view the show I wanted. Now, I've always streamed Netflix via its WMC7 plugin, so I've grown accustomed to the... quirks... of the interface. But I noticed how much cleaner and more user-friendly the browser GUI is versus the plugin... hell, it even had a button to watch the next episode, something I could never figure out in the plugin. This is especially cumbersome when Netflix consolidated seasons of a show and forced users to scroll through a chronological episode list with no way of resorting.

I guess this post is mostly to vent frustration, with streaming being the buzzword du jour and very few options for a clean and simple, one-stop-shop that pools all the streaming sources together. I thought I had it in WMC7, but I suppose not.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
meh. You're not the only one who thinks MC7 sucks. I tried it for a while, but the proprietary recording format and the convoluted menus and all the unnecessary crap that loads with it made me go back to the browser.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.