AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using ps3 to access netflix and playing those movies through my vsx-1019. The vsx-1019 has always been able to decode the netflix movies that are in stereo to surround sound using dolby digital pro logic II. Fastforward to last week where I was forced to do both a netflix and a ps3 firmware update. Now If I choose a movie that is only available in stereo my receiver will not decode it to surround using dd pro logic ii, it will only play in stereo. If i switch over to my cable box the logic automatically kicks in. If I am still on ps3, as soon as i go away from netflix, the auto decode kicks in. I am at a loss for how to fix this issue. I have checked the audio settings for the PS3 and I have tried to change the surround sound format on the receiver but none of them work correctly. It is so bad that some of the movies sound like they don't have the center channel audio there. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the netflix program on ps3 and it is still occurring. Any suggestions would be great. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted this on another forum too.... The answer I have got so far is that it is the Netflix update not the PS3 or receiver problem. Basically until netflix does an update to fix it, the only work around is to unselect all of the audio except pcm 2.0 but then you have to reselect everything to watch a BD. This sucks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JDS - Yeah I tried that and while it does come in Stereo the sound is ridiculously low and the main voices still sound muffled while the rest of the audio comes in clear. It makes for a horrible movie watching experience

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerwseguy /forum/post/20854047

I am using ps3 to access netflix and playing those movies through my vsx-1019. The vsx-1019 has always been able to decode the netflix movies that are in stereo to surround sound using dolby digital pro logic II. Fastforward to last week where I was forced to do both a netflix and a ps3 firmware update. Now If I choose a movie that is only available in stereo my receiver will not decode it to surround using dd pro logic ii, it will only play in stereo. If i switch over to my cable box the logic automatically kicks in. If I am still on ps3, as soon as i go away from netflix, the auto decode kicks in. I am at a loss for how to fix this issue. I have checked the audio settings for the PS3 and I have tried to change the surround sound format on the receiver but none of them work correctly. It is so bad that some of the movies sound like they don't have the center channel audio there. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the netflix program on ps3 and it is still occurring. Any suggestions would be great. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm also having this issue and have found no fix. Very irritating. Perhaps getting an xbox instead hah. That's a ****** fix though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.