AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be interesting to see how netflix reacts to the many threats facing them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0117661420101201

Hollywood, which embraced Netflix Inc just a few years ago as a savior, is moving quickly to stanch the growth of one of the media's newest, biggest stars.

Senior executives at three of the big six television and movie studios said they were seeking ways to contain Netflix -- from delaying when Netflix can make new DVDs available to rent to raising the prices for digital programs.

"The problem is that Netflix is not the company we thought it was when we started doing these deals a few years ago. It has changed," said a studio executive who requested anonymity because the studio's discussions were confidential.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Given that most of my Netflix queue consists of foreign and independent films I could care less about overblown Hollywood stuff. If those corporate run studios went out of business it would be the best thing that ever happened to the US art scene.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad /forum/post/19583219

If those corporate run studios went out of business it would be the best thing that ever happened to the US art scene.

Some folks say that about the US software companies. I wager that you would disagree since that may send you to the unemployment lines.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Yeah, and just make sure you don't run into anything with your nose turned up that far. It might hurt. :\\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.