AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have the Hopper 3 and Joey 2. When I stream Netflix through them the sound will only come through in stereo. Choosing 5.1 sound is not an option from the Netflix sound options app. I can select 5.1 through my X-Box which works fine in one room of the house. But, in the others where I have the Joey, stereo is the only selection.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change this? A software or firmware upgrade, maybe?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have the Hopper 3 and Joey 2. When I stream Netflix through them the sound will only come through in stereo. Choosing 5.1 sound is not an option from the Netflix sound options app. I can select 5.1 through my X-Box which works fine in one room of the house. But, in the others where I have the Joey, stereo is the only selection.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change this? A software or firmware upgrade, maybe?
I believe Dish uses Dolby digital (the much older version) for their streaming where Netflix uses Dolby plus, so they would have to upgrade their license for Netflix to be able to stream the plus through Dish. Have no idea why they haven't upgraded by now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have begrudgingly learned to live 2.0 stereo on my Netflix streaming through Dish Network. It would be nice if they upgraded at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts