AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Slink-e for a while now...and am using it sucessfully with HomeSeer (for IR) and CJD (control Sony CD Changer) Since I have also have a Pronto--and a fuctional CCF for my HT, I thought I would give Netremote a try. I'm not quite sure that I have the setup quite figured out yet, because it is not working at all. I read a post on the Netremote forum that seemed to indicate that there was problem with the Slink-e IR. Furthermore, I can't find any documentation on how to set Netremote up for Slink-e IR. Has anyone got these to work together sucesfully?? HELP.

I have a TON of questions... Here is what I have tried so far. I downloaded Netremote and it's server onto my computer that has the Slink-e attached to it. NRIRsever seemed to communicate to SlinkeServer ( I get another connection listed), but thats as far as I get. When I load a working CCF into Netremote on my local (or networked computers), I can't get anything to happen. Am I missing something....The only thing that I really seem to be able to configure are the IP settings in NetRemote. Since I have a linksys router, I assume that I set it for the 192.168.1.XXX address of the computer with the Slink-e, and make sure that port 8081 is forwarded to that same address. What if Netremote is running on the same computer?? Is that possible? Have I configured it correctly for a networked connection? What Slink-e IR port is going to be active?? I see no way to chose 0 or 1. Are the learned IR commands in the pronto CCF all that is needed in that respect, or do I need to relearn them for Netremote?? Any comments appreciated. Thanks Drew.

· Registered
485 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by barhoram

1. I downloaded Netremote and it's server onto my computer that has the Slink-e attached to it. Am I missing something....

2. What if Netremote is running on the same computer?? Is that possible?

3. Have I configured it correctly for a networked connection?

4. What Slink-e IR port is going to be active?? I see no way to chose 0 or 1.

5. Are the learned IR commands in the pronto CCF all that is needed in that respect, or do I need to relearn them for Netremote??
Wow - that's a mouthful! I think I found 5 issues/questions in your post. Here are my thoughts:

1. Make sure you downloaded NR .9831 as there was a bug introduced with .982. This is not the version on the home page - you have to go to the General Discussion Forum to get the link.

2. This is no problem

3. Yes, all you should have to do is enter the IP address to NRIRServ.

4. This one is over my head - I use IR 0, so that may be a default. I know that there are no NRIRServ-specific settings for the Slink-e.

5. Yes - it should translate the Pronto CCF IR codes. However, I am having trouble getting some of my codes working. In the interim, I am using Girder to send the Slink-e IR commands that don't work.

I hope this helps!

-Zak

· Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. that took care of it. .9831 seems to be the fix.....I should have looked in that section instead of the IR section, and I would have saved myself some hours of frustration. It worked like a charm with my existing .CCF on both the local computer and my wireless laptop. Now to conquer the IPAQ. Thanks for your help! Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.