AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at the NR forum but I'm not sure how active it is so I'll cross post here.

OK, first I'll apologize, I've been searching and havent found an answer so I'll pester you guys.

My setup:

WinXP

TheaterTek

x-10

Girder

Wifi

Dell Axim w Wifi

So, I've played with NR before and was using it very sucessfully to control my whole house audio via my axim. Fantastic. The thing is that I only used the MJ plugin with the included ccf for MJ. Now I want to use a CCF (built for pronto) and girder so I'm heading into uncharted territory.

I'm currently controling TT and the X-10 via girder, works reasonable well. Now I want to move from IR to netremote for controling TT and X-10. How do I go about doing such a thing?

I have a CCF that was built for controlling TT via a pronto. Is there some conversion I need to do?

How does NR interact with Girder? I'd like to use my existing GML as it has multi commands already built in. Like when I press pause, the movie pauses and the stair rope lights come on. Can I keep this stuff or do I have to rebuild?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Its been awhile, but as I recall, NR communicates with Girder via the ievent.exe plugin. NR sends an Internet event which Girder catches - basically, the ievent is the eventstring that triggers your Girder multigroups. The Girder ievent.exe plugin will need to be configured with the right port to receive your NR actions. I also seem to recall that Ben had dramatically improved the method of sending ievents, so that you could use simple English commands (like DVD.Play) to define events in NR and then use the same syntax as a learned Eventstring in Girder.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Wes, the netremote forum is very active and you will get more help there.

There are several documents and example ccf files that show how to get netremote to talk to girder and back.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, no responses at either places. I thought more prople were using this for HTPC-DVD control. I'll give it a few more days, its a shame that such a fantastic app has so little documentation, although it is free and in beta so I really shouldnt complain.

Anyone care to chime in?

Last night's efforts went completely fruitless......

Wes

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Wes,

I'm attempting to do the same type of thing, adapting a pronto ccf for nr using girder ievent w/my e740, it's my weekend project. I'll letcha know how it goes on my end and keep us updated w/your efforts...

Brian

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hmmm, I can't believe you can't get help at the netremote forum...

But don't expect to be spoon feed :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Try the Netremote users guide. It can be found in the support section of the netremote.org site. If you look at the "Create Netremote Buttons" page it will give you all the information about hoe a CCF button sends information to Girder using Netremote. It's actaully pretty simple. The button Name is the Girder Internet Event Server "Event" (the actual payload that changes to choose which Gider command to run) and the IR code is a hex number that tells Netremote what to do with the data. The IR code is the same for all buttons. Only the name changes.

Take a look and if you have any more questions the Netremote forum people are generally very helpful.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, I've gotten it working! As soon as I get my TT ccf and girder gml finished I'll put it up on my site and post here.

I love it when everything falls together!

Wes

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, here's a very rough and incomplete ccf and corresponding girder file. I think about the only thing you'd have to change is the IP address of the HTPC.

Now that I know how it works I'm gonna build a more basic ccf with bigger buttons with a more intuitive/simple interface (WAF).

Awsome!

Wes

netremote and girder for tt.zip 84.5966796875k . file

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.