AVS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
I agree, but I would look at the odroid HC2, you can plug your current drive into it and not too difficult to set.
Model wise I'd go with a N2Plus which in most cases should be dramatically faster. Even support transcoding a few streams. I sort of prefer only having the eMMC storage installed in the device. Having the data on external drives offers a few features (such as plugging them into other devices) and performance has never been an issue. Power wise the N2Plus uses less than the drives so virtually nothing at all... I reboot my N2 every year or so just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm not going to make my own NAS. I feel like the discussion is getting off track. I would really appreciate any comments to my last two posts. Thanks

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
QNAP vs. Synology?

Which do most folks here prefer and why?
Can't speak for others... in my experience Synology under performs based on its pricing where QNAP offers a better bang for the buck. Personally I wouldn't mess with their HDMI output (some models) since what software is supported is often crimped and or outdated. OS wise pick one... in most cases it won't matter (at all). If you are price sensitive might consider ReadyNAS as you can offen find them at a much lower price (at relatively the same feature set).

Reactions: RVD26
61 - 63 of 63 Posts