AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving me crazy! I have hstouch for the iPhone and the connection is not solid.

I have tried 3 routers, 4 diff iPhone/ipad, changing channels, move router, etc etc.

My guess is that I have some interference. Perhaps from one of the 8 local wifi near me. What can I do? I am willing to spend the cash for what it might take to get this under control, but am out of ideas.

·
Registered
105 Posts
when you scanned those other networks did you see what channels they were on and set your network to a different channel??

id look at luxul wireless for a wifi amplifier and use a netgear access point and most likely one of the routers you have sitting around as the router

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i've tried several different channels. Even when the router is just 5 feet away the connection drops so I am guessing that an access point won't help. Do you think the amp might do the trick? Any model number in mind?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would there be something that would indicate an ip conflict exists? Such as warning in the taskbar or something? How would one determine if there was an ip conflict?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just curious, are you picking up strong signals from the other wireless networks in your area?

What wireless standard are YOU using? 802.11a/b/g/n?? b/g only utilizes 11 channels (1-11) with 3 majorly used channels (1, 6, and 11) based on channel separation.

I am not sure how much you know about wireless technologies, so I want to add some additional information as well... The b/g standard utilizes 2.4GHz frequency, while the "a" standard uses 5.8GHz. "N" uses a combination of 2.4 and 5.8. That said, do you have wireless phones? Are your wireless phones the same frequency as your router? This can also cause interruptions in service. It is also possible that your close neighbor's phones interfere with the signal. There are quite a few variables

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried b/g mix but am only running g now. I have tried about 5 of the 11 channels. I didn't realize it only went to 11 though bi had it set to 14 before and it connected to my iPhone but not to my other wifi comp. I suppose that explains that part.

I am famliar with the common forms of interference and have none of them in my unit. But yeah, that is a good point about the neighbors phone. But wouldn't changing the channel solve that? I get a medium signal from my neighbors.

One thing to note. In my bedroom I seem to be fine even though it's farther from the router. But in my living room I have a problem even just feet from it. Perhaps my neighbors phone is located right beneath me?

So how could I solve that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts