AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PCs can "see" the DirecTV HD DVRs that are wired w/ ethernet cables. DTV box "on demand" uses internet to download movies/shows.

Can I access stored programs and watch on a PC? Figure some software is required and perhaps a work around on proprietary roadblacks.

Please provide link to existing thread if this has been covered - I did search but found bupkiss...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punahou80 /forum/post/20787246

My PCs can "see" the DirecTV HD DVRs that are wired w/ ethernet cables. DTV box "on demand" uses internet to download movies/shows.

Can I access stored programs and watch on a PC? Figure some software is required and perhaps a work around on proprietary roadblacks.

Please provide link to existing thread if this has been covered - I did search but found bupkiss...

as said about you need to direct2pc

unfortunately no mac or linux and doesn't work with multi monitor setups at all. It requires a dual core 2.4Ghz or more to function properly according to their specs. It tried it on a Core 1.8 with issues so it seems to require a fair amount of CPU. my newer machines can use it ok.

DirectTV is using UPNP to communicate among the DVR's which is why other UPNP devices see it but all the content is encrypted. If you can hack out the enryption keys then myself and a lot of other folks in the world would appreciate it. Its been a few years now and no one has succeeded yet.

Sean

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith /forum/post/20788957

as said about you need to direct2pc

unfortunately no mac or linux and doesn't work with multi monitor setups at all. It requires a dual core 2.4Ghz or more to function properly according to their specs. It tried it on a Core 1.8 with issues so it seems to require a fair amount of CPU. my newer machines can use it ok.

DirectTV is using UPNP to communicate among the DVR's which is why other UPNP devices see it but all the content is encrypted. If you can hack out the enryption keys then myself and a lot of other folks in the world would appreciate it. Its been a few years now and no one has succeeded yet.

Sean

Now works with multi-monitors under windows7

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/20789376

Now works with multi-monitors under windows7

thanks for the heads up. I will load it up on my office rig and see if it finally works in my office where I need it.

EDIT: Arg doesn't work on my new I-2600K Sandy Bridge Rig using internal intel graphics. Just get a green screen.

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts