AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get network errors when receiving shows via IVS, does that mean replay has given up, or will it keep trying?

Not sure what the trouble is, the replay is connected directly to my cable modem, has a real IP and everything. I've been surfing the web on my pc, but haven't downloaded any large files, no idea why it's having trouble transfering...

Gai-jin

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Also if your Replay is getting its IP via DHCP from your ISP, if the IP lease expires and you're assigned a new IP everything will go to hell in a handbasket.

Have you had success in receiving a show in the past?

·
Registered
615 Posts
When I've seen network error messages, I've done a "pause transfer" then a "resume transfer" and it seems to pick up again.

Can't say if it actually makes a difference or not but it's worked fine for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joesc1
It will keep trying by itself.
Yes, this is so cool. Recently I moved cross country from MD to CA. However I was in the middle of receiving a IVS transfer when the movers came and boxed up the Replays. Three weeks later when we hooked it up in CA, it resumed the download after it did a net-connect.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The network errors often deal with the units inability to get the show it's trying to download.

SO, the show might have been deleted.

The other user might not be connected.

The other user's network settings might have changed and their port forwarding is no longer valid.

The other user didn't setup internet video sharing properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.