AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I looked at the ZT60 Panasonic specifications and noticed the ethernet port is not specified as 100 or 1000 Mbps.  The manual also does not list speed of port.  A quick search under "Plasma flat panel displays" retuned no information.   I know my current cabling is not 5e capable while my new router does offer 1000 Mbps hard connections. Before I start rewiring can someone let me know if this re-wiring endeavor will improve streaming content from my router and my NAS device?   One other question is if I am hard connected should I shut off the wifi?  Currently wifi and hard connection are enabled.  

Thanks,

Gwagg

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
What does the wiring have to do with the devices? If you are going to rewire you do it with 5e or 6. If you have a device with both wired and wireless ports, you use the wired and disable the wireless one. If you are currently hard wired you will not see that much improvement UNLESS a device is doing multiple ethernet tasks at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I would like to know if the ethernet port on the ZT60 is a gigabit  port.  My current wiring will not support Gigabit speeds.  I do not want to rewire unless I know for sure the TV port is faster than 100Mbps.  

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It wouldn't matter in any case. If it was gigabit, it would auto-negotiate 100 or 10 mb. And the tv could not utilize the 1g bandwidth anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Why do you think auto-negotiate will go down if my router has 1G port, new wiring is 1gG capable?  

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
What do you mean by "go down"??? If the tv is 100/mb, the port will run at 100mb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

My initial question is to find out definitively what speed is the ethernet port on the ZT60 TV 100/mb or 1Gb.   

·
Registered
59 Posts
From p27 of the manual, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX. I wouldn't think, given the current state of consumer broadband, there would be any real need for gigabit speed to the display.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts