AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out here. I have a TV Live Plus that is hardwired to my router. And I have a desktop PC with Windows 7 that is hardwired to the router. Ever since I got the Live Plus set up, it's worked just fine. I've been able to connect through network shares to see the movies I have saved on my PC hard drive or external hard drive connected to the PC. However, this last Friday, I was unable to get past the network shares option on my TV Live Plus. The folders/drives would not show up.

The only way I could get it to work like it was before was to turn off my windows firewall completely. I've neve had to turn it off before, but now it's the only way I can get it to work now for network shares. So what could be the cause of this? Maybe an automatic update? Is there a setting that I need to change on my firewall to allow the TV Live Plus so I can leave the firewall on? Or can I just leave the firewall off without any issues? I have Kaspersky antivirus software that is on. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enron29
Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out here. I have a TV Live Plus that is hardwired to my router. And I have a desktop PC with Windows 7 that is hardwired to the router. Ever since I got the Live Plus set up, it's worked just fine. I've been able to connect through network shares to see the movies I have saved on my PC hard drive or external hard drive connected to the PC. However, this last Friday, I was unable to get past the network shares option on my TV Live Plus. The folders/drives would not show up.

The only way I could get it to work like it was before was to turn off my windows firewall completely. I've neve had to turn it off before, but now it's the only way I can get it to work now for network shares. So what could be the cause of this? Maybe an automatic update? Is there a setting that I need to change on my firewall to allow the TV Live Plus so I can leave the firewall on? Or can I just leave the firewall off without any issues? I have Kaspersky antivirus software that is on. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for the help.
You don't need the stupid windows firewall with a router just disable the firewall. Your router should have it's own firewall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.