AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm putting together a home entertainment center. I've bought a sharp LC60LE835UN TV, that is DLNA certified and has 802.11N wireless. I've also got a Synology diskstation DS411J RT with 8 TB, and a samsung SAMBDD5500 Bluray that is DLNA certified and internet capable, and my receiver is a Denon AVR 2112 CI. Do I need to buy a separate media center like a boxee or dune player to tie everything together, or can I just use the media center functions on the Synology ? How should I wire everything? I have an 802.11g router but can upgrade to an N router if I need to. I can keep everything relatively close together so if they need to be hardwired via ethernet that won't be a problem.

I'll primarily be playing mostly HD movies, tv shows, music videos/concerts from on the server to the tv. I also have a PS3 that I can use if that will help. I've got the ethernet HDMI cables from monoprice in case those will help too.

I was thinking I could just hard wire the NAS to the tv with an ethernet enabled HDMI, and use either that, or the airplay function of the receiver to stream music.

My old roommate had XBMC and I liked that set up of being able to access the network from the TV either from my mac or with the remote. I would like to get a universal remote (logitech maybe) to run it all if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently deployed overseas and will be back early next month, I've been ordering everything so I'm trying to have it all together so I can set it up as soon as I get home.

I've been reading through the forums, but I haven't been able to find much insight into this. If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I'd really be indebted. Thanks again!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.