AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having narrowed down my Avr selection to Pioneer VSX 920/1020/1120K I have a question with regard to networking.

Am I able to play music from my laptop on any of these devices? I don't think the 9020 has an Ethernet port and in any case for example on the 1120 can I do that anyway and does it have wireless built in??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Networking in AVRs is really in an infancy stage and IMO at your price point, avoided as there's stand alone network media players that do both audio and video really well for $99 or so.

That being said, i use the Apple TV2 and stream all of my music from iTunes in apple lossless and use my iTouch as the remote with the remote app. I also stream Pandora directly from my iTouch to the ATV. I've got two other zones in the house using $99 Airport expresses and the iTouch allows me to select these zones individually wherever i feel like listening or watching.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem13 /forum/post/19638398

Networking in AVRs is really in an infancy stage and IMO at your price point, avoided as there's stand alone network media players that do both audio and video really well for $99 or so.

That being said, i use the Apple TV2 and stream all of my music from iTunes in apple lossless and use my iTouch as the remote with the remote app. I also stream Pandora directly from my iTouch to the ATV. I've got two other zones in the house using $99 Airport expresses and the iTouch allows me to select these zones individually wherever i feel like listening or watching.

Thanks

I'll read up on stand alone network media player then as I am not sure how it all works together...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts