AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Neutrik nl4fc speakon connectors,there are 4 holes for wire with screws for each,how do you tell which is pos+ & -neg? Will these work with standard 2 conductor spk wire? thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you're looking at the inside of the connector with the tab on the connector at the top, you'll see two stacked terminals on the inside and one terminal on either side of the stack to the left and right. The two stacked terminals on the inside are the positive terminals. The top is 1+ and the bottom is 2+. The other two terminals on the left and right side are the negative terminals. The left is 1- and the right is 2-.

Yes, these connectors can be used with standard two wire setups. Although they are designed for two pair of conductors. Just use 1+ and 1- for one pair of wire.

Yubbie

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My amp is a Ati 300w x7,the spks are going to be JTR triple 8s,so the amp is a regular ht amp & the spks are pro ,thats why I needed the speakons.thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
No problem. Glad I could help. As mentioned by mmiles, these connectors are used a lot in pro audio. That's my background and where I use them.

But if you've got gear that utilize them, they are a great connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts