AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone I know seems to recommend using Power DVD XP or Cineplayer or TheaterTek over my existing 3.0ver. of Power DVD.

I am wondering what am I REALLY missing if I don't use one of the new software players. I am aware that they differ feature wise but are they any different in video quality?

Alun

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hificanuck
Are they equally a step up???
Yes, both are about the same increase in picture quality. PowerDVD4 is sharper and Cineplayer is richer. I prefer Cineplayer, but could live with either. I am using TheaterTek and am completely happy, except for the limited functionality (can't play files, just DVD's).

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
should also consider zoomplayer...have been messing with it tonite, and it seems to be EXTREMELY powerful.it combines the best of most all software.

brickie

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Wes, nice to hear from you!!! My XG is looking really good right now at 720p or 960p. Quite sharp although I'm not 100% sure of astig I can read windows desktop at 960p in the corners without too much trouble.

Brickie I've heard Zoomplayer is good but a real pain in the rear, and to tell you the truth it's gotta be total user friendly for me. Thats the only reason I've not tried anything else as PowerDVD 3.0 hasn't let me down except for the occasion sound dropout on DTS. What I'm looking for is the best video quality but I'm beginning to think it's all subjective. Power DVD 3.0 seems to be quite noisey and artifacts badly with video based DVD's. I'm not sure if this is completely software but I've got a sneaking suspicion. My friend brought over his CS-1 scaler and I thought the picture was a bit better than my HTPC and wow no fans and real simple to operate.

Thanx for all of your replies,

Wes stay outta trouble in Holland.

Alun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.