AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Watched this last week over the air. I think your review is right on. It came close and just misses being excellent. Very watchable, but just not quite satisfying. As you stated, it was much better than the adaptions Tin Man and Alice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good review, Lee.

I watched this 2-part mini-series when it aired, and after viewing the first night's episode I thought it was going to be a pretty good show. Then, it started to unravel quite a bit the second night, with the bad script and acting showing through in many places, some parts even cringe-worthy. But, even though I was disappointed with the quality of the 2nd half of the show, the very original storyline was exceptionally good and imaginative. If it just had some help with the dialogue and acting in the second part, it would have been a very good miniseries.

Lee, if you want to see the very BEST miniseries that the SciFi Channel ever aired (IMO), get yourself a copy of "The Lost Room", a 3-part miniseries that unfortunately has only released on DVD. I'm REALLY hoping that miniseries eventually gets ported over to Blu-ray, as it is one of those kind of shows you can't even get up to go to the bathroom until the entire 4 1/2 hours is over...

·
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater /forum/post/21803875

Good review, Lee.

I watched this 2-part mini-series when it aired, and after viewing the first night's episode I thought it was going to be a pretty good show. Then, it started to unravel quite a bit the second night, with the bad script and acting showing through in many places, some parts even cringe-worthy. But, even though I was disappointed with the quality of the 2nd half of the show, the very original storyline was exceptionally good and imaginative. If it just had some help with the dialogue and acting in the second part, it would have been a very good miniseries.

Lee, if you want to see the very BEST miniseries that the SciFi Channel ever aired (IMO), get yourself a copy of "The Lost Room", a 3-part miniseries that unfortunately has only released on DVD. I'm REALLY hoping that miniseries eventually gets ported over to Blu-ray, as it is one of those kind of shows you can't even get up to go to the bathroom until the entire 4 1/2 hours is over...

Thank you. I have heard good things about The Lost Room and have wanted to see it. Lets hope for a blu release!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts