AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys looking at this game?

Closed Beta had so so graphics. Hoping they clean it up a bit. But I am looking forward to this.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I am planning to try this out. I expect it will hold me over until ESO in June at the very least.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
OK, first of all, I can't believe this is free to play.

Secondly, I was never into RPGs before but Bioware's Mass Effect and later Dragon Age series changed all of that for me.

Finally, this game is Dragon Age Inquisition! Almost a carbon copy! Problem is, this game was first. How many years earlier??? Unbelievable, and I thought DAI was truly something original. Man, I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife and I are having a blast. We even spent money getting the great north pack or something basically spending what the game would cost if we bought it. we wanted the giant spider mounts....

But yeah it reminds me of DAI and the fact you don't have to spend money on it makes it a great game to get your feet wet.

Reactions: tampabuc

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Played around with a couple different characters the last few days. It's like a fun version of Diablo.

Is there a way to turn off those giant text pop-ups when some random on the server completes a quest or finds a rare or whatever that pop-up BS is?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Played around with a couple different characters the last few days. It's like a fun version of Diablo.

Is there a way to turn off those giant text pop-ups when some random on the server completes a quest or finds a rare or whatever that pop-up BS is?

If there is, I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was able to get into a group and kill Charthraxis last night. A woo, a hoo!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of characters are you playing? Not used to having so many different class choices!!

I am rocking a Scourge Wizard and the wife runs a cleric. I did look up the best builds for the respective classes. It helped a lot

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Fun game, but WAY too much fiddly BS with coins, divine coins,4 types of tokens, some 2nd divine coin type, professions, companions, enchanting, and having to pay with BS coins to unlock character slots and skill tree respecs.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fun game, but WAY too much fiddly BS with coins, divine coins,4 types of tokens, some 2nd divine coin type, professions, companions, enchanting, and having to pay with BS coins to unlock character slots and skill tree respecs.

Well they have to make money somehow.

For free, you have a game that gives you two character creation tabs to make two characters. You have to be careful in your choices in how you build your character or look online at suggested builds from the PC game. They seem to adapt/crossover pretty well to the console.

For being the first FTP game that I have ever done, I allocated 60 dollars to use if I wanted something as well as the same for my wife. I used 50 for each of us. So we have a hundred bucks invested in the game that we as a couple spend ~2 hours a night playing when we play if not more. I spent more on COD this year and am playing it less.

My friend is attempting to do it all free. He is a couple levels higher than me and researched his build and does very well. All with zero invested.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I must confess that I am pleasantly surprised with how this game turned out. The original Neverwinter Nights games were awesome IMHO, despite being about a generation behind on graphics. So, when word came out that there would be a third Neverwinter game, I was excited. Then it was revealed it would be a more traditional MMORPG, I was rather disappointed. In the earlier renditions, I thought the game seemed okay, but it felt like it was pretty much just another version of Guild Wars. I'm glad to see things have improved substantially since the early days.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I don't have a problem with them wanting you to buy some things, but there's no reason for crystals (that you have to refine), 4 types of tokens, and 3 types of coins. You could do it with 2-3 types total. You shouldn't have to open up a stock exchange to convert types. Just scale prices appropriately.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have a problem with them wanting you to buy some things, but there's no reason for crystals (that you have to refine), 4 types of tokens, and 3 types of coins. You could do it with 2-3 types total. You shouldn't have to open up a stock exchange to convert types. Just scale prices appropriately.
I don't know what you are talking about....

Zen
copper
silver
gold
rough astral diamonds
astral diamonds
celestial coins
coin of th lion
coin of the manticore
coin of the drake
coin of the"
coin of the"