AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the current companies planning release of projectors using the HD1 16:9 chip? I'll star with the obvious.

Company Model # When Scaler Required/suggested

Sharp Z9000 now yes

Seleco HT300 November no

Marantz VPs12(?) ?

DWIN

Barco

Infocus

Also, what about websites for info? By the way, I sent an e-mail to Infocus looking for info on their 16:9 unit and they replied with their current line of 4:3 projectors.

What are the top 5? 10? Initial impressions of those shown. MSRP? which we hope won't be true.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Infocus created a web site for their HT projectors last January. The projectors support 16:9 aspect ratio, that's not the same as being 16:9 native. They could be using a 4:3 chip and letterboxing. Also, there have been no updates since January. I'm hoping they introduce something at CES 2002, but not holding my breath.

In regards to the Sharp needing a scaler, why have so many people rejected the Sharp scaler without even seeing it? I've seen several posts which state that the Sharp scaler works well. Why do so many think that for a scaler to be acceptible it must come from Faroujda or Runco or TAW? Remember, these are all small companies that have taken quite a while to create a good product. Another way to get a good product is to have a lot of money and resources, which Sharp certainly has. I personally have not problem believing that Sharp could have bought the technology or hired the right people to build a powerful scaler themselves.

-phil

[This message has been edited by PhilB (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Phil I have also read numerous reviews where the Sharp 9000 works very well with its own internal scaler. I would suggest people see one in person 1st before deciding whether they need a scaler or not.

Spero D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.