AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the jump when the recent sale information was posted here at AVS. Today the unit arrived, and once I drop some cables down from my roof to the room where the system will be located I'll be ready to go.

Are there any tips you experts can provide us newbies? I have generally kept myself informed of the basic principles by reading the official thread. I plan to keep the AVS box about 5 feet away from the rest of the AV equipment. Is this sufficient?

(P.S. My recording will be on hold until I send my JVC deck back for repairs. My deck started getting all of the blocking today :( )

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
xfactor-

Just follow all the suggestions in the official AVX thread. JVC owners have had more difficulty getting the system to work but with the new 0.8B3 software and making sure you understand how to manipulate your I list with the channel up and down routines you should be good to go. Mits VCR's seem easier but require one to be able to manually disconnect the 1394 cable from the AVX or power off the AVX in order to use the system for playback. With your JVC, you can avoid the criteria of using the 169Time system for playback and use the analog outputs on the 30K to feed your monitor.

First indications of the new AVX B3 software is that keeping the AVX box a 5 ft distance away no longer seems to be a requirement for trouble free operation but I don't believe much testing has been done on that issue and B3 yet. I believe Dave had tested it and gave close proximity a thumbs up. I, luckily found having the distance was easier so I still have mine 6 ft away. ie. the DTC-100 and Mits at the top of one equipment rack and the AVX and it's monitor at the bottom of an adjacent cabinet behind closed doors.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
I thought someone had bought Richard out.

I'm going to edit the title.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
News to me if it happened.

I would make your comments in the avx-1 thread. Dont need more than one of these.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.