AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and looked through the manual but didnt find the answer, which could mean the answer is no but...

Is the VGA port capable of taking a vga to component breakout cable?

So far I have 3 components to hook up and my receiver only switches 2 so a breakout would make life simple.

xbox

hdtv cable

dvd

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The salesguy assured me that the VGA port would do this. I have searched but have yet to read about an Z1 owner who has done this. You seem to have the exact same components I do, which are DVD, XBOX, and HD cable, and the one solution I have thought of is to buy the VGA adapter for the XBOX, (not the cheaper ones that are converters) one that actually does 480P 720P 1080i. The thing that sucks for me is that I already own the MS Hi-Def pack since I have it hooked to my RPTV right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had looked at the 4/2 zektor switcher because i also have a directview HDTV in the room then realized for that price i could just buy a second dvd player and xbox and have some left to pay the monthly cost of a second cable box. crazy...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hm.. Or get an Audio Authority 1154. They're cheaper, and should work pretty well with the components you listed. But I WOULD still like to know about the breakout cable. I'm thinking I'll just pick one up and try it eventually though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.