AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested on the new 1080p's that are arriving on the store shelves in the next few weeks. I haven't been able to find out a breakdown on the new models yet. Does anyone know the upgrades on the different models, I am thinking about one of the 62" models...help! :confused:

I heard that these models blow the Samsung 1080p's away!

·
Registered
564 Posts
There will be 9 different models of DLP by Mits with screen sizes from 52-73". After you break out of the "Mitsubishi" line you step up in features such as more inputs, different cosmetics, different lamp wattage etc. They all have firewire and cablecard. There are 2 different Diamond lines the 827 and 927. The 827 is glass black, the 927 is silver and is the only set with the Diamond shield, it also is the only set in the line up that has a 1080p HTPC input as well. Both Diamond lines have HD hard drives with the 927 having the largest, it also has two HD tuners so you can record one thing and watch another. The picture quality is excellent on all the sets.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbit
I am very interested on the new 1080p's that are arriving on the store shelves in the next few weeks. I haven't been able to find out a breakdown on the new models yet. Does anyone know the upgrades on the different models, I am thinking about one of the 62" models...help! :confused:

I heard that these models blow the Samsung 1080p's away!
If you look at the early entries of some of the other Mits threads, you will find the Mits press release from April that lists the whole line-up and their features. As for whether the Mits or Sammy 1080p's will look better, it is anyone's guess. I imagine they will be vey similar, but am very impatient to see since I plan to get one of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it for anyone that is interested here is the info:

DLP MicroDisplays

Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America Inc. introduced integrated digital video recording capabilities in its new Diamond line of microdisplay HDTVs at its national dealer line show.

Mitsubishi's new Diamond series 62-inch WD-62827 and 73-inch WD-73827 include an internal 160GB hard disc drive, allowing up to 16 hours of HD recording, while the 62-inch WD-62927 and 73-inch WD-73927 have a 250GB hard drive capable of recording up to 25 hours of HD content. Each comes with two HDTV tuners, enabling the user to record a high-definition program while watching another channel or other content. All four models employ a 150W lamp for super bright images, and Mitsubishi's most advanced, removable anti-glare shield.

These new Diamond HDTVs also sport new cabinetry: high-gloss black for the 827 series and high-tech silver for the 927 series. They feature 1920 x 1080p resolution and Mitsubishi's proprietary Dark Detailer and Plush imaging system to display the perfect picture every time. Plush imaging includes DeepField imager and SharpEdge technology, as well as Plush1080p, Mitsubishi's third-generation upconversion system updated for 1080i-to-1080p deinterlacing.

Dark Detailer is new Mitsubishi technology that provides enhanced contrast and black levels. It allows a wider palette of dark gray shades, giving a realistic sense of depth to the picture.

DeepField imager is a new system Mitsubishi developed that allows the television to display enhanced contrast and sharpness. It constantly monitors the picture signal and finely adjusts brightness, contrast and gamma so that every part of every frame is optimized. This results in a picture with greater depth-of-field, especially in scenes with both dark and light areas.

SharpEdge is the latest version of an exclusive Mitsubishi edge-definition system. New for this year, it enhances both horizontal and vertical edges for stunning picture precision.

All four televisions have two HDMI inputs, three component video inputs and a nine-format memory card reader. The 927 series also comes with a dedicated PC input, added specifically to complement HD media center PCs.

All four are Digital Cable Ready using CableCARD, with a front panel IEEE1394 jack and a DV decoder to allow easy playback from digital video camcorders.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill
If you look at the early entries of some of the other Mits threads, you will find the Mits press release from April that lists the whole line-up and their features. As for whether the Mits or Sammy 1080p's will look better, it is anyone's guess. I imagine they will be vey similar, but am very impatient to see since I plan to get one of them.
I've seen the Mits and Sammy's. Mits in one spot, Sammy's in a few. Not impressed with either. Maybe the Mits was a little better. Less noise in the picture. I certainly wouldn't buy either off of what i've seen in store settings, but, unfortunately, that's how most purchase decisions are made. The new Sony LCDs looked better overall, but the Mits and Sammy 1080P's had better blacks. Unfortunately they also had much more weird artifacting and noise. Sony must be dancing a jig. People go in to look at the Mits and Sammy 1080P's and walk out with a Sony. LOL!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbit
Mitsubishi's - anti-glare shield.
like those words should ever be used in the same sentence lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha
Do I need to spend more money for the VGA Input If I'm not going to hook up a PC to It?

Are you being rhetorical, or do you really need an answer?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Quote:
Do I need to spend more money for the VGA Input If I'm not going to hook up a PC to It?
Do I need to spend more money for the DVR with large hard drive if I want the VGA input?

(Rhetorical question. I know the answer.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
I'm looking at the WD-73727 or the WD-73927. I don't need the hard drives or cable cards. So....I'm just wondering If It's worth the $1000 extra for a VGA Input. Thanks
Manual says to hook up a PC with a DVI output by using a DVI to HDMI cable. (page 31)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
in the sheet is says "1080p Media PC Input" ... what the heck is this... DVI or VGA connector?

Looks from the PDF specs it will be a standard VGA (says VGA-XGA) input that deos 1280x720 (1920x1080 @ 60Hz).

Freak'n marketing idiots... if they would just say it is a standard PC VGA connector they'd get more positive reaction and less confusion. Media Input means nothing... to anyone other then Mits marketing losers.

btw... HDMI only accepts 1080i, not 1080p

·
Registered
170 Posts
So I guess everyone else in America is as smart as you. You're implying that "everyone" knows what a VGA PC input is (and that everyone that buys an HDTV visits this forum).

Grandma might have a better understanding of 1080p Media PC input than VGA-XVGA input. After all, that's what people in Marketing do...they try and simplify the technical stuff.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
I'm looking at the WD-73727 or the WD-73927. I don't need the hard drives or cable cards. So....I'm just wondering If It's worth the $1000 extra for a VGA Input. Thanks
I'm right where you are in making up my mind. I think I will skip he VGA input and go with the 73727, or the Sammy 7178. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 73727 and 7178 side-by-side!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill
I'm right where you are in making up my mind. I think I will skip he VGA input and go with the 73727, or the Sammy 7178. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 73727 and 7178 side-by-side!

Yea the 73727, I don't think I could see a night and day difference with the XBOX 360 with VGA over Component video. Color-wise I sure love the black cabinet, cuz that would really match my stuff. But I still have two weeks to decide. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broose
Manual says to hook up a PC with a DVI output by using a DVI to HDMI cable. (page 31)
Is the Manual for the new 1080p sets on line? Can you give me website? Tx!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Quote:
That may be a very meaningful question. The HDMI input will probably take a 1920x1080 interlaced, but you may need VGA to accept 1920x1080 progressive. I believe that the available HDCP input decoding ICs do not take the higher data rate, yet.

Nick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.