AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How'd I miss this? I was just perusing wholesaleconnection.com for a nice 4:3 set for myself. I passed on a floor model xbr400 as being too expensive. I already had my mits widescreen and couldn't justify another hidef set. Than I ran across these..

32"
TSL3295

27" TSL2795

scroll to the bottom.

I thought that the hdtv thing was a misprint, Id recommended these sets to a few friends of mine and I knew the older sets these replaced could do 480p. I wondered if the hd capable tag was just a marketing thing. I checked samsung's website and they do indeed list 1080i/480p !!!!

I'm gonna call and see if these are in stock. My friends are extremely happy with their 480p sets. One's got it hooked up to a pio 434, its gotta be the lowest price "progressive" tv setup. Has anyone else heard anything about these new Samsungs?

K

[This message has been edited by kyungkim (edited 05-02-2001).]

BTW no email response from wholesaleconnection re the availability.

[This message has been edited by kyungkim (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
166 Posts
This could be good. It's a start.

John

·
Registered
292 Posts
Both of the models you saw and the TSL3095WHF are new for Samsung. The TSL3095WHF is a 30" 16:9 model that sells for around $2000. I am currently trying to find out its max resolution, but TWICE states it will display 1080i. This set sounds great for a bedroom or second set. Does anyone have any other information about it?

Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought the Samsung TSK2790F from BestBuy here in the Tampa area for $799.00 (price drop from $999.00). I have the RCA MM36100/DST100/Dish setup in my family room and thought this would please my wife as she is redecorating the living room where she watches tv and only wants a 27" box with a light color "silver". The display at BB only says it can do 480p when it actually does 480p and 1080i.

I hooked it up to my DTC100 and was stunned by the HD quality on both off air and HBO 509. So far this set seems to offer a lot of bang for the buck. It has Dolby Pro logic built in (connectors for two rear speakers and center speaker) the sets front firing speakes serve as front L/R. The website claims 45W total and I tend to agree.

I also fed a signal from my second RCA reciever R420 and even the menus looked sharp with very good color saturation via S-VHS.

At first I thought this will be a set the living room casual viewing with an upgrade path but the more I watch it I am very inpressed with the picure and features.

MikeB2

·
Registered
66 Posts
>Both of the models you saw and the TSL3095WHF are new for Samsung. The

>TSL3095WHF is a 30" 16:9 model that sells for around $2000. I am

>currently trying to find out its max resolution, but TWICE states it will

>display 1080i. This set sounds great for a bedroom or second set. Does

>anyone have any other information about it?

Joe, the only other things I can say about the new 30-inch direct-view 16:9 Samsung are: it's very attractive to look at; and it's different from all other direct-view sets in that it is much shallower against the wall. Don't know how they managed this, but I measured one at CEA in January and it was barely 17 inches deep. Beautiful 1080i picture on it, too, but I don't know what the source was (probably a hard-drive source).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quote:

Don't know how they managed this, but I measured one at CEA in January and it was barely 17 inches deep.
It is funny you should say that because I have heard it from other sources (I have not seen the unit myself, Yet). But the Samsung website has its size listed as such:

Net Dimensions (WHD): 36 13/16 x 22 3/8 x 21 7/16

Go figure.

Joe

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:
My friends are extremely happy with their 480p sets. One's got it hooked up to a pio 434, its gotta be the lowest price "progressive" tv setup.
You actually mean lowest priced 1/2 progressive TV setup as the Pioneer 434 is NOT a progressive Scan DVD player but merely a DVD player with a sub-par line doubler!

Let's not lead others to think this cheap DVD player is something it is not!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
note the quotes around "progressive". Yes its not truly progressive, but I can't imagine a better player for 219, especially mated to this set. Viewing on a 27" tends to hide alot of the artifacts.

Quote:
I hooked it up to my DTC100 and was stunned by the HD quality on both off air and HBO 509.
Hey Mike, did you have any problems transcoding to component from the dtc? What kind of transcoder did you use?

K

·
Registered
12 Posts
kyungkim,

I have the RCA VCD300, sorry I didn't mention in my orginal post. No I made no adustments to the set or converter, was very surprised that everything looked so good out of the box(s). I have also tried my Sony 360 DVD player into S-VHS and am still very impressed.

Note: The set has one set of component inputs for DTV or DVD, but shows both on the setup menu as live, it mentions this in the manual.

MikeB2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.