AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is a new one. Last night while watching BEHIND ENEMY LINES and BLUE VELVET on D-VHS via my JVC30K direct to my Panny TV, 4 times the blue just went out of the picture. For instance, the blue velvet curtains during the end credits of that film were green. If I stopped the tape and started it again, the blue would come back. Pausing or scanning forwards or backwards did not alleviate the problem.

I flipped over to my Samsung SIR-T165 and viewed some of WINDTALKERS on HBO via the 5000 HD setup and nothing happened. I played a good amount of tape with my Panasonic D-VHS deck through the Samsung and nothing happened.

I went back to the JVC30K and the problem came back. I then played my 30K through the Samsung and the problem did not come up.

So it would appear to be a 30K issue. Any ideas what could be happening? Could the blue component connector be going bad? Could the cable be going bad? All cables are tight.

Ideas?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Don't you play your pre-recorded movies from the JVC to the Samsung and out to your monitor as a rule? If so, wouldn't that be the way to watch it rather than straight from the JVC to the monitor?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I would suggest swapping the Pb and the Pr cables. If the red goes away instead of the blue the next time, your original Pb cable is intermittent.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baux, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Mike, normally I do use the Samsung, however I was recording using the Samsung and Panasonic, so I used the JVC direct to my TV. Having two decks is very cool.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cable switching didn't solve the issue. I am going to get brand new cable and hook the 30K up directly to my TV's component inputs, bypassing my switcher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.