AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the situation. My Grandmother wants a new television. She knows nothing about tvs. She just wants a flat panel. She wants it to replace her old 36'' Hitachi tube (it might even be bigger than a 36.) The only thing keeping me from buying this new tv, is that I have no idea how to remove the old one. It must weigh at least 300+ lbs. Money isn't a big deal. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss1337
Here is the situation. My Grandmother wants a new television. She knows nothing about tvs. She just wants a flat panel. She wants it to replace her old 36'' Hitachi tube (it might even be bigger than a 36.) The only thing keeping me from buying this new tv, is that I have no idea how to remove the old one. It must weigh at least 300+ lbs. Money isn't a big deal. Any suggestions?
Buy from a place that will deliver. Some places will delivery and take away your old set.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss1337
Have your grandma move it. :p

Seriously, just about any place you buy a TV from that delivers will be willing to take your grandma's old TV for like $40.00. Some will do it for free. I'd call around.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If your grandmother's old set has a 4:3 ratio, then I think a 37" with a 16:9 ratio will fall smaller than her last TV. You might want to consider a 42". Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.