AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at 3D, 1080P projectors and was wondering what was the best one out there. The one I'm looking at is the Acer h6510bd but I also want to look into Epson and BenQ projectors because I do not know how good Acer projectors are! I want to keep this projector under $700

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have the ht1075 from benq and im very happy with it, the 3d is amazing, this is a newer version of w1070. Blacks are not world class but the overall picture is very nice for the money. Ht1075 is around 750 and the w1070 less than 700.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I have two of the Epson HC2000s and use them as TVs.

Advantages over DLPs: $99 Epson replacement lamp, Epson warranty (2 years - ship it back and they overnight a replacement....a used/repaired replacement), no rainbows, no light leakage, filter (so dust inside the lens is not as much of an issue), no reports of exploding lamps (yet).

Disadvantages: not as sharp, not as good with motion, black levels are less (based on seeing both the HC2000 and BenQ W1070...neither are great), contrast level is less, lag time is too slow for hardcore gamers. Most on this site will recommend the BenQ. If you have a treated room (dark walls, carpet), the light leakage should be a non-issue.

For me it came down to warranty, no light leakage and replacement lamp cost. I can live with the trade offs for a 16:9 169 inch image.

I would pick either over the Acer.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/best-projector-under-1000.htm?page=Overview

Attachments

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I have two of the Epson HC2000s and use them as TVs.

Advantages over DLPs: $99 Epson replacement lamp, Epson warranty (2 years - ship it back and they overnight a replacement....a used/repaired replacement), no rainbows, no light leakage, filter (so dust inside the lens is not as much of an issue), no reports of exploding lamps (yet).

Disadvantages: not as sharp, not as good with motion, black levels are less (based on seeing both the HC2000 and BenQ W1070...neither are great), contrast level is less, lag time is too slow for hardcore gamers. Most on this site will recommend the BenQ. If you have a treated room (dark walls, carpet), the light leakage should be a non-issue.

For me it came down to warranty, no light leakage and replacement lamp cost. I can live with the trade offs for a 16:9 169 inch image.

I would pick either over the Acer.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/best-projector-under-1000.htm?page=Overview
I would pick either over the Acer as well.

I have had LCD and DLP, and definitely prefer the way DLP looks over LCD. So, the W1070 is my first choice. It also handles 3D better than the Epson does by most accounts, which may be a factor. But, the plusses for both technologies are accurate. The W1070 has an extremely high reliability level that has been proven at this point which is also a plus. I believe the Epson has been running pretty strong as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts