AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a chance to play with this one a little bit today

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9783533

i didnt get to work on it, but i did flip through the menu and check out a few things

-same menu that Samsung has had for a while now

-same picture modes, but eco settings are under PICTURE OPTIONS

-10pt grayscale adjustment (finally!)

-under gamma, there is a new adjustment called SHADOW DETAIL

-2 built in test patterns. 1 for brt/con and one for color decoding

-same CMS

-pretty cool remote. same buttons, but a different feel/look, but they did add discreet buttons for widgets

-3 modes for 3D, one full screen, 2 split screens (Im assuming for gaming)

Ill post some before/after charts as soon as I get to bang on one!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
This is a pretty exciting TV! I got to calibrate a C7000, though I was disappointed I couldn't get a hold of some 3D glasses to test with it.

I love the 10 point and shadow detail controls.

On the not so good note, I saw nothing useful in the SM. "0000" didn't do anything either. I didn't go into deep SM exploration mode, but I did spend about 10 min in it. So, I am not sure it's possible to do a separate day and night mode cal on it. But if someone finds out any useful SM info, I think all of us calibrators would be very grateful if it were posted here.

The remote looks much sleeker and modern, but it's mostly flat now with just some raised grooves to provide a bit of tactile guidance. I kept hitting the wrong button till I got smart and borrowed an old Samsung remote halfway through the calibration. I like the look of the remote, but for me at least it wasn't very calibration friendly.

·
Registered
12,697 Posts
Does the shadow detail setting isolate low-end gamma?

·
Registered
12,697 Posts
Looking at the new C650 LCD user manual off of Samsung's Website, I noticed the Blue Only Mode has been replaced with a RGB Only Mode (Off / Red / Green / Blue).

·
Registered
1 Posts
It would be fantastic to know if there is Day/Night modes. Service menu, as mentioned before, does nothing and Expert mode is missing.

Also when 3d mode is engaged, Movie mode is disabled, which is disappointing. I hope we're all missing something..

·
Registered
12,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBollinger /forum/post/18302832

Also when 3d mode is engaged, Movie mode is disabled, which is disappointing. I hope we're all missing something..

If true, that's seriously messed up. Why would you want to pick between 3D and an accurate pic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
True, unfortunatly. You cannot calibrate these in the 3D mode. It locks out the ability to change Picture Modes in the user menu during 3D playback leaving you stuck on Standard with only the Color, Tint, Sharpness and Temp controls adjustable. I even tried to calibrate the White balance for Standard in the Service Menu while 3D content was playing but the adjustments would not even show up. I guess this is really not a huge concern right now seeing as there is only one 3D bluray title available. One thing is for sure, the remote it comes with is pretty damn cool.

I did recieve this bit of info from Samsung though.

"The 3D user menu is locked because the firmware is not finalized yet. When the final firmware is released, the menu will be unlocked and you will calibrate as a normal Samsung. When the final firmware is released, you should be able to flash the TV on display and access the menus"

nice.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts