AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been tossed between a samsung 81 and their 120hz models, but after reading some reviews and finally seeing it for myself, I think that I dislike the 120hz... it makes it seem fake or something, idk. So I thought that I wanted an 81, but I've noticed that samsung doesn't even make them anymore- is there really a reason for this?

My price limit was probably going to be around $1,500 give or take, and picture and black levels are upmost important. Are there any rumors that the 9 models are going to drop in price anytime soon? Any other display that I may be ignorant to? There's a lot of threads like this, but the pricelimit is important.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
You are confused. You are talking about the AMP feature which has nothing to do with 120hz. The AMP setting is what gives the picture a dimensional look which some like and others don't. You can always turn off the AMP. By doing that you do not affect the 120hz processing which stays on all the time.

Price discussions are not allowed per forum rules

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, whoops. Well I didn't realize that I was talking about price (by adding a limit) really...but I suppose.

Does LED backlights really make that much of a difference, or should I just go ahead and get a CCFL and wait for another gen of LEDs?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /forum/post/15543054

Oh, whoops. Well I didn't realize that I was talking about price (by adding a limit) really...but I suppose.

Does LED backlights really make that much of a difference, or should I just go ahead and get a CCFL and wait for another gen of LEDs?

Backlighting is huge because it allows you to control the overall brightness of the screen without impacting the brightness control which can impact greyscale. So you can maintain the shadow detail regardless of the overall screen brightness. I wouldn't have an LCD without it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts