AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

it's been so long since I posted here, I couldn't even remember what my old user name was.. so had to create a new one.

i'm looking to upgrade to a 4K STREAMING camera.... and i'd like to stick with sony, so that leaves me two options it seems for newer models.
FDR-AX100/B 4K

and
HDRPJ670 PJ

any experience with both? I'd like to be able to stream to youtube if possible, but will accept something like ustream.

I'm leaning toward the more expensive model at the moment, but the auto focus issues have me worried. plus, it'd be nice to save half the price is the little camera has the same picture quality.

thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome back! Sadly, the AX100 can link to your phone or tablet via wi-fi - but has no built in IP address for streaming to the 'net without buying a Teradek or other encoder.

And the PJ670 is 1080p only - no 4K. So neither of these cameras meet your "4K + streaming" criteria.

The least expensive camera that can do both is the $2399 JVC GY-HM200 - all you need is a $10 wireless USB adapter and a hot spot.

Here's how the HM200 streams to the internet:

Nice review here:

http://vimeo.com/125139462

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow... that would explain why in some of the reviews, users had problems streaming to ustream. well... I guess my first two options are out. i've got enough junk to carry with me that I can't afford anything extra to carry between wired mics, wireless mics, stands,and a second bigger camera...

I'll take a look at the other two options.

although at quick glance, the more expensive one seems to be the 'prettier' looking option than the cheaper version.

but it's always nice to save money ;o)

has anyone used either of them?

thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, just for ha has, what are the newer model sony's that are NOT 4K, but CAN stream without anything extra needed?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
i'm looking to upgrade to a 4K STREAMING camera.... and i'd like to stick with sony, so that leaves me two options it seems for newer models.
FDR-AX100/B 4K

and
HDRPJ670 PJ
PJ670 is expensive junk. Which can stream to Ustream though. "Extra equipment" is a wi-fi hotspot. AFAIK, it cannot stream through USB cable into a computer, it wants wi-fi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so long as all I need is to pair the camera to the iphone and then log into a ustream or youtube account from there, that's all the extra equipment I'd need. I won't be carrying a laptop around with me wherever I go.
If the AX100 can pair to a phone and then I can stream from it through the phone over wifi, that would be a perfect setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts