AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

As we fast approach the end 2020 we can look forward to what’s to come with respect to 2021.

Numerous new 4K projector product launches have been delayed (for obvious reasons) with the silver lining being that 2021 is set to become an exciting year for new 4K projector releases. Now that we are able to start putting 2020 behind us I thought it might be a good idea to start this thread such that we can all focus on the positive of what it to come over the course of the year ahead. So I have stated this thread for the purpose of creating a compendium of all new upcoming 4K projector releases.

I realize that technically a couple of these might be released into certain markets during last quarter 2020, however since these are new releases which might spill over into 2021 with respect to certain markets world-wide I will include them nonetheless.

UST projectors will be listed separately below.

I will add to and expand upon the following list accordingly as and when new releases are announced 🙂

NEW 4K PROJECTORS:
____

>$120K:

CHRISTIE ECLIPSE
____

$61K - $120K:

CHRISTIE GRIFFYN

SONY VPL-GTZ380
____

$26K - $60K:

N/A (at the present time)
____

$11 - $25K:

SONY VPL-VW915ES / VPL-VW790ES
(Replaces: VW885ES / VW760ES)
____

$4 - $10K:

SONY VPL-VW715ES / VPL-VW590ES
(Replaces: VW695ES / VW570ES)
____

NEW 4K UST PROJECTORS:
____

$11 - $25K:

N/A (at the present time)
____

$4 - $10K:

SAMSUNG The Premiere LSP9T

HISENSE Trichroma Laser TVs
____

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Nigel,

Wow ..............

Looks like 2021 will surely be a heck of a lot better than 2020 with the Codiv-19 virus upsetting so many things including New Projectors.

Terry

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nigel,

Wow ..............

Looks like 2021 will surely be a heck of a lot better than 2020 with the Codiv-19 virus upsetting so many things including New Projectors.

Terry
Yes 2021 is indeed shaping up to be an exciting year with respect to new projector releases that's for sure! 😎

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A comparison between a 30,000:1 vs a 1,800:1 display will always lead to that conclusion. The conclusion would be the same if you replaced the JVC with a 16,000:1 Sony GTZ240. I have seen several double blind comparison between the GTZ240 (non-DD VW995) and 2,000:1 3DLPs reach similar conclusion viewing consumer content.

Repeat that RS3000 comparison with a 6,000:1 4K 3DLP and then you have a real fight.
I saw this interesting discussion going on in another thread so I thought I would bring it over here given this is going to be more relevant to this particular thread... Wherein, as it happens, further to the Christie Eclipse, it looks like there might be a couple of exciting new native 4K DLP projectors arriving in 2021 which might set the cat amongst the pigeons in this regard... given I am expecting to be measuring native contrast to be higher than 6,000:1... and with respect to the range 1% ADL - 10% ADL potentially higher contrast than the SONY VPL-GTZ380 as well... and within the same price range as the SONY VPL-GTZ380. I am not allowed to impart any more information than this at the present time, but watch this space 😉😊

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Content is king, where is the content for these projectors...:sleep:
Well, 'these projectors' = all new 4K projectors... The content for use with 'these projectors' is literally ALL consumer video content... so this includes all movies, TV Shows, as well as gaming as well 🙂

What is your point exactly? 😕

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
Content is king, where is the content for these projectors...:sleep:
For me, right here ( currently 241 4K UHD Blu-rays, 488 Blu-rays and 1 DVD - Team America : World Police Unrated Version ) -

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I saw this interesting discussion going on in another thread so I thought I would bring it over here given this is going to be more relevant to this particular thread... Wherein, as it happens, further to the Christie Eclipse, it looks like there might be a couple of exciting new native 4K DLP projectors arriving in 2021 which might set the cat amongst the pigeons in this regard... given I am expecting to be measuring native contrast to be higher than 6,000:1... and with respect to the range 1% ADL - 10% ADL potentially higher contrast than the SONY VPL-GTZ380 as well... and within the same price range as the SONY VPL-GTZ380. I am not allowed to impart any more information than this at the present time, but watch this space 😉😊
So you know about new projectors but are under a non-disclosure agreement for now but using this thread to troll us...got it 😋😇

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
So you know about new projectors but are under a non-disclosure agreement for now but using this thread to troll us...got it 😋😇
He can't tell you because he used his time machine to take a sneak peek !

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,161 Posts

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Reactions: ARROW-AV

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
I'm hoping this would be a successor to the JVC DLA-RS4500k! RGB triple laser light source? oh my...
If it's DLP, it certainly won't be a successor to the JVC.

But there is indeed a 4k 0.96" DLP chip, we ought to see more of those floating around.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Okay, but don't go off and remodel a house again. ;) The wait in that old thread was akin to waiting for someone who opened some account but then funded it a year later. Awe, you know I'm just teasing ya. Good to see you here again!

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
Great shots.

I've actually been pretty impressed with the releases we've gotten this year especially under the circumstances.
Absolutely - Whiplash, Spartacus, Hitchcock and lots more. And a lot more 4K catalog titles coming. Projectors are worthless without content, and we need more !

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
I notice the Griffyn brochure quotes 5k:1 only with the high contrast lens. That means with a normal lens it's probably around 2500:1.

Should be able to improve that with a lens mod even more, maybe 8k. Then if Christie could Introduce laser dimming even if somewhat crude, will make that a seriously formidable image.

I wonder what the ANSI will be. 450 or 1000?

34,000 lumens is a damn sight better than 700lm. ;)

I wonder what levels of laser output they will have with it so one could set brightness.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts