AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Absolutely - Whiplash, Spartacus, Hitchcock and lots more. And a lot more 4K catalog titles coming. Projectors are worthless without content, and we need more !
I know, but in these times we're seeing some of the block busters being held back. Wonder Woman II and Black Widow were postponed how many times now.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
... So I have stated this thread for the purpose of creating a compendium of all new upcoming 4K projector releases. (N.B. This is with respect to standard throw projectors and hence excludes UST projectors).
Could you reconsider and include UST projectors in the compendium?

·
Registered
18,754 Posts
I know, but in these times we're seeing some of the block busters being held back. Wonder Woman II and Black Widow were postponed how many times now.
2021 will be the best new movie year in history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe ALPD 3.0 is the dual laser light engine in many UST projectors currently on the market. Perhaps the upcoming Hisense Trichroma Laser TV UST will be the ALPD 4.0?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I don't see any signs that a new JVC exclusivity flagship is coming next year. We might see JVC inserting lasers in the equivalent of the current NX models first and maybe sooner than people expected, but that's just my guess.
That's my gut feeling too.
And perhaps EPSON have something in the works too.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
@ARROW-AV has Christie discussed building a 2chip instead of 6chip projector?

Can high output lasers be duty cycled?

Would zonal 2chip be less/more cost efficient than non-zonal 3chip not considering light output?

Thanks!

Reactions: MDesigns

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi everyone,
As we fast approach the end 2020 we can look forward to what’s to come with respect to 2021
The nr one on my wishlist is that 2021 will be the year that mankind beats this ###### virus and we can have Home Cinema Happenings and Meet and Greets again ;)

Seeing the list so far, most is way out of my budget but still very interesting to see the new developments.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I notice the Griffyn brochure quotes 5k:1 only with the high contrast lens. That means with a normal lens it's probably around 2500:1.

Should be able to improve that with a lens mod even more, maybe 8k. Then if Christie could Introduce laser dimming even if somewhat crude, will make that a seriously formidable image.

I wonder what the ANSI will be. 450 or 1000?

34,000 lumens is a damn sight better than 700lm. ;)

I wonder what levels of laser output they will have with it so one could set brightness.
With a projector that is insanely bright like this one , wouldnt 5000:1 mean the black floor is very high and worse than current DLPs ?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
With a projector that is insanely bright like this one , wouldnt 5000:1 mean the black floor is very high and worse than current DLPs ?
not if its filling up a 25' screen at 100nits.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Proportional to its white level for sure. 5000:1 is 5000:1. You can dim the laser surely to set your white point the native should not decrease because that number is not based on any kind of dimming, use ND filters, contrast mod the lens for even more contrast... If they add dynamic dimming even better. Alan Gouger got the Barco 6P up as high as about 8k:1 I believe with the lens mod, you could probably go more aggressive when you have so much light output to begin with.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
That's my gut feeling too.
And perhaps EPSON have something in the works too.
Epson already told us that they would have a new projector next year. I would like to think they are referring to native 4K. I suspect it will be LCD, rather than LCOQ.

21 - 40 of 297 Posts