AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Thats my Home /Setup :) .... nearest neighbour is several KM,s away....My Theatre is 80mtrs from the main Dwelling/House.. i could NEVER live with neighbours in close proximity ....

As @ARROW-AV and @Javs will tell you....I live in the "Middle Of Nowhere" 😀
You do!

Fun Fact...

Pauls nearest town OMEO was used as the location for the film RED HILL, which is where a friend and colleague of mine shot his first film, out of all the remote towns in Australia it happened to be that one, Paul and I realised this after speaking a few times and its quite funny the coincidence, small world as they say.

My friend who directed this, Patrick, went on to direct Expendables 3 after Sylvester Stallone had seen the film and really liked it citing similarities to the low budget film he made, Rambo. Patrick then went on to direct The Hitmans Bodyguard 1 & 2, and is now currently shooting The Man From Toronto with Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson.

A big part of my job is to do all the pitch materials for these films for him and other directors in the bidding and concept stage, basically I will create a visual 'bible' and pitch trailers for the films out of 20-30 other films as reference to present to the studio heads in order to get the films green lit and convey the tone and visual aesthetics to interested actors etc.

Some shots from Red Hill, showing Omeo, Pauls nearest town.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Yep I recently moved to a farm myself and couldn't imagine it any other way after spending 20 years in Sydney. Already planning my dedicated detached cinema building, similar to what Arrow-AV did except I'll be happy with a single auditorium :)
Thats my Home /Setup :) .... nearest neighbour is several KM,s away....My Theatre is 80mtrs from the main Dwelling/House.. i could NEVER live with neighbours in close proximity ....

Did something similar myself last year. My youngest got out of high school and started college so we moved out to the "country". No farm by any means but we have three acres with woods and a pond. New HT is over a multi car garage and so far from the rest of the house or neighbors I can blast it as loud as I want and nobody can hear it :)

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Did something similar myself last year. My youngest got out of high school and started college so we moved out to the "country". No farm by any means but we have three acres with woods and a pond. New HT is over a multi car garage and so far from the rest of the house or neighbors I can blast it as loud as I want and nobody can hear it :)

View attachment 3044711
My dream, love it.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ha!!! 😀 that was shot just beside my Engineering Business in Omeo ...... I actually sat with the makeup girl on the set and watched that scene being shot. the P76 Leyland was our local post office owners personal car as was the Dodge.

We actually ( my business) manufactured the air operated "spike mechanism " used to flip one of the cars over in another scene..:)

Attachments

·
Registered
29,705 Posts

As far as neighbors go, I could play movies reference level all day and all night and would not have neighbors complain. I have the wooded lot on one side of me and lake on two other sides. I do have a neighbor on the fourth side, but you can't hear my theater even at reference level from their house.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Assuming that's on/off CR, how can a lens possibly affect it?
A fixed iris. Just like every other projector manufacturer out there. Most lenses are not truly completely open pathways. So its still technically native contrast.

Even the Sony's with no adjustable iris still have a fixed iris. The JVC lens with the iris wide open is still technically blocking half the light in the lens almost.

I have a DLP here, I added an iris plate onto the back of the lens and gained 40% contrast across the board.

From this

to this

·
Registered
4,554 Posts

Yep I can relate to that except I will build the cave close to the main house so I don't have to walk that far in winter :).

·
Registered
4,554 Posts

View attachment 3044711
Real nice! Funny how everyone I know is escaping the big cities :)
Mine is similar except I am planting a forest next year so it will look like yours around the house with sliver pine trees.
Enjoy!

get back on topic now :)

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,016 Posts

What sort of internet is available in that situation? My big issue with moving out to middle of nowhere is having no (useful) internet service.

My theater is in my house, but at least on the other side of my master bedroom. I have 2 out buildings where other members of the household sleep now. I can blast as loud as I want at any time I want and no one can hear it.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
EPSON EH-TW9500(W) spotted in Japan: EPSON EH-TW9500 et EH-TW9500W : LCD Laser 4K natif – – Le Blog de PHC –

Laser, native UHD resolution and 2.1 HDMI
Thank you so much for posting this. This one looks very tempting on paper to replace my current projector. Looks like Spring of 21 for Europe so I assume same would be for U.S.

Here is the translation from google:

Here's an announcement that will shake up the front projection community, Epson's new top-of-the-line home theater model: the EH-TW9500 / 9500W begins to unveil in Japan.

On the program only very tempting things: laser light source with an output of 5,000 lumens and a contrast ranging from 150,000: 1 to 1,500,000: 1 (lifespan 15,000 hours at full power, 20,000 hours in medium mode and 25,000 hours in economy mode), native 4K LCD panels, optical sensor calibration system developed by Epson, Dolby Vision, HDR + 10 and HDR support with HDMI 2.1 sockets and 3D capabilities. Video processing will incorporate 1080P and 4K image interpolation mode.

The optical glass unit (20 panels) will be motorized with a large amplitude lens-shift (+ - 90% + -40%). For connection, it will include: USB 3.0 Type A / USB 2.0 Type B (Service only) ARS-232C WLAN (optional) Trigger output, VGA input / HDMI 2.1 input (2x) HDMI input (HDCP 2.2) / Ethernet interface .

The hull is also modified from the TW9400 and its dimensions are 500 mm x 520 x 235 for a weight of 16.7 kg.

EPSON EH-TW9500
EPSON EH-TW9500W
My latest information shows that it will be marketed in Europe in spring 2021 for a price that is not yet known. Note that the EH-TW9500 and its version with wireless link EH-TW9500W, bring together some great firsts such as Dolby Vision support (which means that the brightness management of high dynamic images will be performed in real time) and HDMI 2.1 sockets. Knowing the manufacturer’s experience in the field of laser projection, one can expect a serious competitor for the JVC and SONY 4K at an EPSON price!

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
If this REALLY has the native contrast of 150K it will be very sweet.
Curious about the price point but knowing EPSON it will come under the competition and will have lots more features.

81 - 100 of 208 Posts