AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
This video is from CES 2020...I'm hoping Hisense TriChroma will launch early 2021.

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
For the 200-inch dream V6 screen, which projector can get more advanced SDR and HDR from GTZ380 or GRIFFYN?
I would hesitate to offer a definitive opinion until after I have had opportunity to evaluate both projectors in our AV lab and take comprehensive measurements, however based on the technical performance specifications I am expecting the Christie Griffyn to outperform the Sony GTZ380 in almost every respect. The Griffyn will have significantly superior HDR wide color gamut performance, with over 96% coverage of BT.2020 due to being full RGB laser light engine, whereas the Sony GTZ380 will only cover 100% of DCI-P3 wherein it is only dual red and blue laser light engine. Furthermore the Christie Griffyn should have superior MTF, sharpness due to being DLP as compared with Sony's SXRD LCoS and furthermore I consider Christie's lens to be superior. It will have superior uniformity as well. It also has significantly higher peak light output. I also expect to be measuring superior contrast performance from circa 2% ADL - 50% ADL (ANSI)... wherein 2% is an estimate, I will need to take measurements to determine exactly where is the crossover point. The only aspect wherein I expect the Sony GTZ380 to outperform the Christie Griffyn will be with respect to contrast and black level performance with respect to the range below this... HOWEVER we are working on developing a higher contrast iteration of the Christie Griffyn

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,199 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Friends, has anyone been able to 100% confirm if this Epson EH-TW9500 is truly coming or NOT?

It just sounds amazing.

·
Registered
29,898 Posts
Friends, has anyone been able to 100% confirm if this Epson EH-TW9500 is truly coming or NOT?

It just sounds amazing.
That's the problem, sounds so amazing, that I think it is all BS.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

It just sounds amazing.
the website that listed it pulled it ...

think about it .. if it were a laser why would they call it TW9500? it would be a LS something like previous lasers... also price wise clearly going to be way beyond what 9400 costs ...

am sure something will come from epson in due course...but not likely the pie in sky thing that fake was :D

as zombie I think said...looked like someone having some fun with photoshop and dreaming up something that meets all there desires :D

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
the website that listed it pulled it ...

think about it .. if it were a laser why would they call it TW9500? it would be a LS something like previous lasers... also price wise clearly going to be way beyond what 9400 costs ...

am sure something will come from epson in due course...but not likely the pie in sky thing that fake was :D

as zombie I think said...looked like someone having some fun with photoshop and dreaming up something that meets all there desires :D
I should do that - " oh look, a JVC RS4650 with RGB laser, 5000 lumens, a built in Lumagen processor, new whisper quiet cooling and only $ 12,999.00. Comes with a coffee maker built in to take advantage of all that wasted heat " ! :eek:

·
Registered
29,898 Posts
I should do that - " oh look, a JVC RS4650 with RGB laser, 5000 lumens, a built in Lumagen processor, new whisper quiet cooling and only $ 12,999.00. Comes with a coffee maker built in to take advantage of all that wasted heat " ! :eek:
Be sure and quote the rest of the specs. :)

500,000:1 native contrast
989:1 ANSI
104% BT2020 color space

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Be sure and quote the rest of the specs. :)

500,000:1 native contrast
989:1 ANSI
104% BT2020 color space
They should have added "And your mom" at the bottom of the performance specifications 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
sorry Craig wouldn't sell..missing the popcorn maker and beer tap :D

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,199 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Only if you leave the price off and do not show the size. :)
And try carrying that up a flight of stairs on your own. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure there as some super rich people who will install this into their home theatres but realistically this is a commercial projector.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only things that would excite me would be 4k120hz 4:4:4 chroma support with HMDI 2.1 and VRR.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would hesitate to offer a definitive opinion until after I have had opportunity to evaluate both projectors in our AV lab and take comprehensive measurements, however based on the technical performance specifications I am expecting the Christie Griffyn to outperform the Sony GTZ380 in almost every respect. The Griffyn will have significantly superior HDR wide color gamut performance, with over 96% coverage of BT.2020 due to being full RGB laser light engine, whereas the Sony GTZ380 will only cover 100% of DCI-P3 wherein it is only dual red and blue laser light engine. Furthermore the Christie Griffyn should have superior MTF, sharpness due to being DLP as compared with Sony's SXRD LCoS and furthermore I consider Christie's lens to be superior. It will have superior uniformity as well. It also has significantly higher peak light output. I also expect to be measuring superior contrast performance from circa 2% ADL - 50% ADL (ANSI)... wherein 2% is an estimate, I will need to take measurements to determine exactly where is the crossover point. The only aspect wherein I expect the Sony GTZ380 to outperform the Christie Griffyn will be with respect to contrast and black level performance with respect to the range below this... HOWEVER we are working on developing a higher contrast iteration of the Christie Griffyn
If Griffyn wants to get excellent HDR, does it have to work with lumagen pro or madVR? And GTZ380, can get good HDR without lumagen?

·
Registered
252 Posts
but realistically this is a commercial projector.
That's interesting, is that how you call it in the english language?
In dutch a commercial projector would be for normal customers.
A monster projector like this would be called "for business or even industrial purposes". 😂

141 - 160 of 322 Posts