AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined avsforum and lots of good info from this site. Very informative.

I am moving in a new house with a 5.1 pre-wire in the living room. I am looking at purchasing the Yamaha RX-V379 (or RX-V479) as my receiver and then getting five (5) Polk MC60 in-ceiling speakers. Is this a good entry level setup? I just want an upgrade from the usual soundbar option.

Is it okay to use 5 MC60s or do I have to pick another type of speakers for the front / center / rear?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Hi everyone, just joined avsforum and lots of good info from this site. Very informative.

I am moving in a new house with a 5.1 pre-wire in the living room. I am looking at purchasing the Yamaha RX-V379 (or RX-V479) as my receiver and then getting five (5) Polk MC60 in-ceiling speakers. Is this a good entry level setup? I just want an upgrade from the usual soundbar option.

Is it okay to use 5 MC60s or do I have to pick another type of speakers for the front / center / rear?

Thanks a lot.
I've got an RX-V479 in my bar with five in-ceiling Monoprice 4103s, and an older Dayton 10" sub. I think it's great for my bar (sports & background music). I don't know if I'd do the same for a living room, not because of the receiver, but because I can't see using all in-ceiling speakers for movies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...

Any other users here had done 5.1 in ceiling speakers setup? Any tips on the best speakers to use given the limitation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts