AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not heard from anyone in a while about this, has anyone received a new Panny 50" lately? How is the buzzing noise?

Also, besides the 503 not having the black levels of the Panasonic, is there any other reason not to pick the Pioneer over the Panasonic?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't hear any fan noise out of my Panny 50. I'd expected to notice some, but really haven't. The one thing I do notice is the amount of heat output which should cut down on our gas bill this winter (if we have winter).

I'm very happy with the set. Although I wonder about not having a DVI connection, I've decided not to worry about it. Please don't tell me I should worry. Perhaps there will be a solution (plus I have digital cable via TWC so maybe it won't be important?)

Leslie

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've used my Panasonic for about a month now and I could not be more delighted with it.

Mine was an early production unit (July), but I do not object to the fan noise. Frankly, I have other equipment that is alot louder.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is great news!

I have ordered my Panny 50" and it is supposed to be here in 2 weeks. I was really debating the Panny Vs 503 Vs 5001. They all seem to be very close in cost and performance. What sold me on the Panny was that I have a controlled lighting environment, I wanted glass instead of acrylic, and since it has been out longer - less chance of any surprises.

Thanks for everyone's input. See you on the digital side!!

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.