AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am a crt guy but studio experience has a new pj with a six time color wheel looks like it is pretty good and has dcdi chip in it to

but the price :rolleyes:$ 9999

Technology: LVDS DMDâ„¢chip; 16:9 aspect ratio

> Resolution: True 1280x720 WXGA

> Brightness: 1000 ANSI Lumens

> Aspect Ratio: 16:9

> Weight: 11 lbs / 5 kg

> Inputs: See PDF for details

> Lamp Life: N/A Hours

> Diagonal Image: not available

> Adjustment Options: Onboard and remote

> Additional Features: Faroudja DCDiâ„¢ and 3:2 pull down video processing for excellent image quality reproduction

· Registered
135 Posts
Yes,

for example the 7200 has a 6 segment 5x (9000 rpm) color wheel...

· Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thirdkind yes you are right but as for the pj it's self it pretty much has the bells and whistles so for you digital folks it should be good news for the future;) and here is what they say.

The Studio Experience Premiere 50HD combines revolutionary new

technology with state of the art features for the ultimate home theater projector. Faroudja DCDiâ„¢ video processing and 3:2 pull down will make your images clear and distortion free. The Mustang HD2 DLPâ„¢ chip with 6-segment color wheel creates life-like images with superb definition and detail. 1700:1 contrast ratio completes the package for uncompromising video quality. The exciting new technology of eWARPâ„¢ (4-quadrant digital keystone correction) allows for the ultimate flexibility when installing this home theater projector in your home. HDCP enabled and whisper quiet 30dB noise rating round out the unmatched set of features that put this projector at the top of everyone's must-have list.

· Registered
2,867 Posts
Very nice specs. So what is the MSRP in US dollars?

Are they an OEM for other companies, or OEM from?

lenny

· Registered
1,180 Posts
To clarify..

Colour wheel "speed" is a factor of segement number AND wheel frequence.

Stock is 3(or 4) segment at 60 Hz.

Current tech is at 6 segment wheel(or 2 FIELDS per rotation) at 150 Hz rotation or 2.5 times...(60x2.5=150)

you get 5x colour wheel....neither segments or rotation alone will tell you the overall speed.

· Registered
965 Posts
There have been a few threads with info on the SE 50HD, notably here . It's apparently based on the same NexGen projector as T-A-W's Stealth, without the "improved" pricing. Big differentiator seems to be the "eWarp" image offset technology that supposedly allows high quality images with substantial vertical/horizontal offset placement.

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pheroy
Big differentiator seems to be the "eWarp" image offset technology that supposedly allows high quality images with substantial vertical/horizontal offset placement.
If you are referring to the stealth it does feature an off-axis mode. Which by the way makes the picture look utterly atrocious.

Chris

· Registered
965 Posts
Sorry, I should have indicated that I meant "big differentiator" regarding other HD2 units -- the field is starting to get crowded -- not the Stealth. Of course I haven't seen either in action so I have no idea if it's really better than digital keystoning performed in other projectors, thus the "supposedly".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.