AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 6000 and only know how the new s/w works.

It will not let me select a channel from the themes list if it is not in my active favorites list. I believe it took me to the demo channel (don't remember for sure). Is this how it always worked, or another manifestation of the channel switch bug?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I vote for BUG!

------------------

--Bob

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It's a bug:

I narrowed down the problem tonight, here it is:

Manually input a channel that is NOT in your current favorites list. I used 103. Now hit the * button to change modes and you will be whisked away via the Magical Dish Transporter to Ch 989! Lucky for me, Laurie was on when it happened.

Here's another way to make it happen: Stay on the channel you chose that is NOT in your favorites list, hit the GUIDE button, change to your favorites list and press escape. Same thing happens and Laurie shows up on my screen.

I called and asked to be forwarded to an Advanced Tech to report a bug and they let me right through.

Please call and report this bug, the CSR I talked to had not heard of it before.

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Actually, this is a new variation on the old problem. I rarely use Themes so I hadn't noticed that this also occurs when using that feature.

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.